How to install the software from the Setup CD or from the Setup & Manual site - Canon.com/ijsetup?
To use your printer via wired LAN connection, you need to complete the printer settings for wired LAN connection before installing the software.
- Insert the CD-ROM into the computer.
- Visit Canon.com/ijsetup.
- Click Set Up.
- Either type in the model name of your printer, or click the first two letters shown under First Letters. Then, scroll down and click on the model name of your printer. Click Setting Up XXXX. (where XXXX is the model name of your printer).
- Select the region where your printer was purchased.
- On the Select Device page, make sure that Windows is selected from the list of operating systems shown. If it is not, click it. Then, click the Setup button.
- On the next page, click Download. The canon ij setup file will be downloaded.
- Double-click the downloaded .exe file.
- If you can agree to Extended Survey Program, click [ Agree ].
- If you click [ Do not agree ], the Extended Survey Program will not be installed. (This has no effect on the machine's functionality.)
- Remove the Setup CD-ROM and keep it in a safe place.
- The software is installed in your Windows computer.